I may have surprised you with the healthy burger and chips title.
Healthy burger and chips? Is that possible.
This isn’t even one of my cheat meals.
This is just a healthy burger and chips recipe that I wanted to share with you, honestly it’s delicious!
One of the top reasons people HATE diets is they get BORED they feel like they’re stuck eating the usual salads, meat and veg again and again.
It doesn’t have to be that way and this recipe is proof of that.
I think lots of us crave a nice burger and chips from time to time, but in most cases eating them can put a little bit of timber around the middle.
However here is the exception…
Ingredients for Burgers (4 servings)
* 500g extra lean beef mince (or turkey will work fine too)
* 1 onion, chopped finely
* 1 chilli – finely chopped (optional)
* 1 x egg
* Seasoning: Salt and pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, divide it into 4 portions. Knead each portion so it all sticks together nicely, then flatten into a burger shape.
2. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan and shallow fry for around 4 minutes each side. Or you can grill them. (a bread roll is optional, leave out if your trying to lose weight)
Ingredients for Chips
* 2 large sweet potatoes
* 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
1. Slice up the sweet potatoes in chip size pieces. (Use a sharp knife)
2. Toss all ingredients into large bowl and mix.
3. Then place in a large baking tray in oven at around 220 degrees C for 15 mins.
4. Turn and cook for a further 7-10 mins
Serve your burger and chips alongside a bit of salad.
I should say at this point that my wife does most of the cooking and prep in our house so when I say “I”, I sometimes mean my wife.
The sweet potato chips are delicious!
Normally I make a couple of QUICK burgers and a large salad and this hits the spot.
This recipe will be HEALTHIER even if you have a bread roll BECAUSE it’s home made and there are no additives or preservatives.
You, like me, are probably living a fast paced busy life I find that putting some extra time into preparing my meals helps LOADS.
One method I use is cooking EXTRA!
I always cook at least 2 portions of my meal so it cuts down on the effort of cooking next time.
I just pack the extra meal in a little container to eat the next day or whack in the freezer. (This works well with meatballs and curries, which are my two fav recipes).
The key to maintaining a healthy diet is make things as SIMPLE as possible (especially in the beginning).
So I hope you give the burger and chips recipe a go and let me know what you think.
If you would like to receive weekly health and fitness updates on the top news in the industry along with several free gifts then follow this link: http://richard-clarke.co.uk/
Just enter your email address in the box on the right to receive a free 3 Day Detox Plan, an Easy Weight Loss Diet Sheet plus some free, easy to do, exercise routines.
There are also many easy to read helpful articles and information which can inspire you to reach your fitness and exercise goals FASTER!
Thanks for reading.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8410017