At the beginning of this summer I was tired. I know many of you can relate, in fact – the majority of women will suffer with adrenal fatigue at some point in adulthood. I am not talking about the tired that comes from a hard day of work, or staying up too late. I am talking about the kind of tired that has no explanation. My personality leads me to be driven and energetic, but for several months I struggled with simple every day tasks.
Housework and errands piled up and even getting myself ready for the day seemed impossible. There were days when I just wanted to stay in my room. Then I found an article that I thought described me perfectly — she was talking about ADRENAL FATIGUE.
The symptoms of adrenal fatigue are pretty specific – do you have days like this:
- Weight gain
- Foggy – lack of focus – poor memory
- Salt cravings – love the taste of salty things
- Muscle weakness – worn out from exercise
- Sleep problems – tired during the day
- Anxiety or depression
The reason adrenal fatigue is so common is simple – lifestyle. We have a go-go-go society and when we expect our bodies to function at top speed with little nutritional support – our adrenals get overloaded and worn out. High energy and a good mood depends on the proper functioning of our adrenal glads. When we have a lot of stress, and we never get a break – our adrenals never catch a break either. They become overworked and that leads to fatigue, weight gain, and mental and sleep problems.
THE GOOD NEWS!
Treatment for adrenal fatigue is a fairly simple protocol. You don’t have to completely change your lifestyle. With a few small, simple additions, you can support those adrenals and get your toxic system back in balance. These are EASY solutions to a chronic problem that affects thousands of women. Get the word out and help your sisters overcome this very common and very treatable problem.
1. Add Chlorella Powder — this combined with the Clove oil below will help over 90% of the time. It is very nutritious, has vitamin C which is critical for adrenal function. Take at least 3 grams daily and make sure it says “broken cell wall” on the label. This is a good choice from Amazon:
2. Take an Omega supplement – I like the one that is included in the Doterra Live Long Vitality supplement pack –
3. Clove and Rosemary essential oils – The adrenal glands are right on top of the kidneys. Take 2 drops of Clove essential oil and 1 drop of Rosemary and rub over the area on the lower back over the kidneys. Take a towel with very warm water and place over the area to drive the oils in. If you want to cover the entire lower back, mix the essential oils with a little coconut oil to help cover a large area. Relax and breathe deeply while you enjoy the warm towel on your back. Take a few minutes to meditate and be calm.
4. Laugh a little – seriously! Researchers at Loma Linda University in CA have discovered that watching humorous videos for 20 minutes can drop your levels of cortisol significantly. Check out funny videos on YouTube and your brain will thank you for it.
That’s it, 4 really easy steps. You can make these small changes and they will make a huge difference with your overworked adrenals. This really is a game changer for women who have suffered with glandular difficulties for way to long.
Want to learn more about essential oils?